Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

September Stress Test Prize fund

This September, there will be a minimum prize fund of 10 BSV
At first it was thought to give a prize to the service that generates the most transactions during the 24 hours of the stress test,
however, we now have people uploading large files to the blockchain.

So its now being considered to split the prize fund
or
have multiple prize funds for other awards during the stress test.
such as largest file uploaded etc.

ideally the prize fund was just to give incentive to devs to build something that people will use.
The Prize fund will also be paid out over a 12 month period using a Forever Fund scheduled smart contract.

Please post your thoughts and ideas on how we can maximize the incentive being offered.

(03-30-2019, 06:43 AM)JayStackmyBCHup Wrote:  This September, there will be a minimum prize fund of 10 BSV
At first it was thought to give a prize to the service that generates the most transactions during the 24 hours of the stress test,

or

ideally the prize fund was just to give incentive to devs to build something that people will use.
The Prize fund will also be paid out over a 12 month period using a Forever Fund scheduled smart contract.

Please post your thoughts and ideas on how we can maximize the incentive being offered.

I would leave it open either to just individuals or just services. At the end of the day one individual cannot compete with the service they are using to broadcast transaction. Multiple prize funds for niche categories would probably be your best avenue.

(03-30-2019, 10:25 PM)Daniel Wrote:  
(03-30-2019, 06:43 AM)JayStackmyBCHup Wrote:  This September, there will be a minimum prize fund of 10 BSV

or

I would leave it open either to just individuals or just services. At the end of the day one individual cannot compete with the service they are using to broadcast transaction. Multiple prize funds for niche categories would probably be your best avenue.

The 10 BSV will be for the service that generates the most transactions
i did think about the prize could also be awarded to a user if they want to create something that blasts TX's
but ideally we do not want to have any scripts used for the next stress test
this was always the plan from Day 1
to actually stress test the network using apps and services, and not scripts
the satoshi shotgun was created simply to ensure we could hit our target of 5 million tx in a day
(which it still did not achieve but that's another story)
with the 10 BSV i just wanted to give devs some incentive to build something that will get used and generate a lot of tx's

what i have thought about doing
is maybe start a prize fund which anyone can donate to
which could be paid to whoever uploads the largest file onchain
the prize fund will then be to simply cover the cost of uploading such a large file
we could also run this from now til September
so as more people upload bigger files, more people may donate to the fund to push the size of the files being uploaded

(03-30-2019, 10:25 PM)Daniel Wrote:  

or

The 10 BSV will be for the service that generates the most transactions
i did think about the prize could also be awarded to a user if they want to create something that blasts TX's
but ideally we do not want to have any scripts used for the next stress test
this was always the plan from Day 1
to actually stress test the network using apps and services, and not scripts
the satoshi shotgun was created simply to ensure we could hit our target of 5 million tx in a day
(which it still did not achieve but that's another story)
with the 10 BSV i just wanted to give devs some incentive to build something that will get used and generate a lot of tx's

what i have thought about doing
is maybe start a prize fund which anyone can donate to
which could be paid to whoever uploads the largest file onchain
the prize fund will then be to simply cover the cost of uploading such a large file
we could also run this from now til September
so as more people upload bigger files, more people may donate to the fund to push the size of the files being uploaded

Hello, nice site and forum.